Thursday, February 24, 2011

halloween.thanksgiving.christmas....o my!

*Just a warning, this post is super long! So, thanks for reading in advance*

Today while the kids are napping, I decided I should try and catch up on blogging, so in my attempts to blog, I started going through all of the thousands of pictures we have, and I don't have one single picture from Halloween. I don't know why, but....o well. Since Halloween was on Sunday anyways, we just stuck with trunk or treat. :) Kaden was woody, Meikle was buzz, Sydney was Jessie (I made her costume, and it was frickin adorable if I do say so myself.....I KNOW I had a picture of it.....) and I was going to try to be Bo Peep.....but, an hour before trunk or treat decided to go with Barbie (she's in all 3 toy story movies, so I tried to pull it off.....I don't know if anyone got it) So, the rest of the family looked cute, and I just got weird looks :) O well.....so, Halloween was pretty uneventful.....I went over the top with decorations, but....hey, I LOVE to decorate for Holidays :) But here are a few pictures from October :)

The weather has been up and down and up again.....but with that, we've done a TON of park days :) Here's Sydney and mommy with our friends little baby Paige.

We've been trying to grow a garden.....we have NO experience....well, I have none, Meikle surprises me everyday with a skill he randomly "knows" how to do....haha. But the kids LOVE to help.

Kaden usually always has a smile on his face.....as big as this one....while Sydney is into anything and everything....

*Moving on to November :)*

.....yet again, we have NO pictures from Thanksgiving hahahah. I don't know why, but....cool.

Anyways, it was cooler this November than usual, so we tried to find fun activities indoors....One of our favorites was our visits to Peter Piper Pizza ($5 lunch buffet.....booyah!)

Meikle and I celebrated our 4 years on the 11th as well.....although, no pictures yet again...I'm starting to see a random/weird trend here with important dates....

This trip was full of jackpots.....this was my jackpot win, first try, first game :) (Bass pro fishing game hahah)

Little miss Sydney Sue loved everything here! She ran around pointing and signing lights and clapping....

Kaden's favorite games were Ski-ball and driving the "race cars"

Kaden won a jackpot all on his own!!! On this game that you push a button to drop the ball and land it in a circle (his first try, first game)

Meikle also had a Jackpot win, so we came out with like 500 tickets. It was bizarre, but we spent all of tickets on 5 ticket army men, and 2 suckers. You can imagine my excitement of the tons of army men that are scattered around our house.....

*Six Flags*

We had the chance to go to Six Flags this year too! We were chaperones for a high school Winter Formal group that our friends Kyle and Camille hooked us up with. I've never been, and we had a chance to go a few years ago with some friends, but we were like 8 weeks pregnant with Sydney, so we missed out :/ But, we were able to go this time. Unfortunately, it was pouring rain the entire time and freezing. We luckily found a Target close and bought Poncho's, beanies and gloves. (We're sissy's) But we had a BLAST! and can't wait to go again!

Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny!

Raining like crazy.....

I'm kind of a sissy when it comes to rides, I went on almost everything, but this was my face waiting in line

Kyle and Camille :)

He's my favorite!

The jeep in front of Terminator

Lunch! :)

And goodnight Six Flags!

*Moving on to December/Christmas! :)*

We stayed home this year in our own house and had such a great time. Santa was excited this year and over-did things a little....but even Santa can get carried away....


I tried to do 12 days of Christmas kid's activities with Kaden, we did like 3 days and then it got crazy as the Season always does....

Our first craft! Gingerbread guys and gals!

Decorating the house. Don't worry, I have like 9 tubs full of Christmas stuff :)

The kids favorite decoration every year....

I love this guy!

At Bass Pro, they had this "North Pole" set up the whole month of December. Every Tuesday was kid's night, and everything was FREE :) our kind of fun! So, we went almost every week and had frequent talks with Santa :)

Shooting range at the North Pole :) Kaden loves his daddy!

We adopted a few kids when our friends went to help at Temple Lights, so we had 6 kids for a night, so I made some delicious Gingerbread cookies and we decorated the night away!

Sydney on Christmas Eve.....we had worn the kids OUT and they were both in bed before 8....

Kaden was ecstatic to put out cookies for Santa. We left out cookies, and carrots for the Reindeer, and juice. (Kaden did NOT want to leave Santa milk...) And I made him put out cookies, his idea was a hot dog.


Kaden's "bike"

Sydney wanted Kaden's bike.....hers was not as cool I guess....

All of Sydney's gifts :) Her favorite: her baby dolls

Kaden's gifts :) His favorite, his bike and toy story games

*Overall we've had a GREAT holiday season! We have a lot of blessings that we are so thankful for. A few trials that through the Lord we've been able to get through, and have taught us amazing lessons in life. We are so blessed with wonderful family and friends that have really been there for us amongst this crazyness that we call life*

1 comment:

Aston Family said...

Such a cute family!!! Your kids are growing up so fast and are darling! Glad to see you guys had a great year! :)